We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
close company?
crazyITman
Posts: 5
Forumite
in Cutting tax
If I am a 50:50 shareholder and 50:50 director of one company, if I start another company where I am a 100% shareholder and 100% director, would they be deemed to be close companies?
I believe not as I have an equal but not controlling stake in the first company.
I believe not as I have an equal but not controlling stake in the first company.
0
Comments
-
They would be deemed to be close companies. See: CTM60060 - Close companies: general: broad definition - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UKThe comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.1
-
Any company owned by one person is a close company. I suspect that what you are really asking is whether the two companies are connected companies. That will depend on who owns the other 50% of the first company.1
-
Yes - this is perhaps the actual question. The other 50% owner is a sibling.Jeremy535897 said:I suspect that what you are really asking is whether the two companies are connected companies. That will depend on who owns the other 50% of the first company.0 -
Your simple question should have been 'who are connected persons for closed company purposes' - answer -
https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/capital-allowances-manual/ca11630
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
