We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Gridpay vs. Octopus
Wellnessy
Posts: 25 Forumite
I have been selling my surplus solar power to
Octopus for several years. I also have a Tesla battery that Octopus
drain at peak times and recharge with off-peak electricty.
Last week myenergi (makers of Zappi chargers) have invited me to export my power
to them via their Gridpay app. I can't find any comparison of Gridpay with Octopus or
other suppliers/importers of electricity.
Does anyone have insights or experience of Gridpay?
(This query was posted in another forum last week. The only reply suggested trying this forum.)
0
Comments
-
I think I also asked if you knew what GridPay were paying for export!Wellnessy said:(This query was posted in another forum last week. The only reply suggested trying this forum.)A quick Google doesn't give me anything (the only Gridpay info is about connecting your Zappi so they can switch it on and off remotely) and, since I've got an Ohme, I can't really ask myenergi myself.Do you know? Was this info in their email?N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
https://www.myenergi.com/gridpay-services-terms-conditions/
https://www.myenergi.com/gridpay/
How much do you get from Octopus now? As Gridpay seems to say Could get up to £100 a year.Life in the slow lane0 -
I'm pretty sure that's just for leting them control your Zappi. I couldn't find any mention of export payments.born_again said:How much do you get from Octopus now? As Gridpay seems to say Could get up to £100 a year.N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.1 -
It seems to be just for control of Zappi - I have a Libbi but no Zappi, so I'm not eligible for Gridpay.QrizB said:
I'm pretty sure that's just for leting them control your Zappi. I couldn't find any mention of export payments.born_again said:How much do you get from Octopus now? As Gridpay seems to say Could get up to £100 a year.2 -
Meaningless. I received £724.80 for export in the last 12 months.born_again said:https://www.myenergi.com/gridpay-services-terms-conditions/
https://www.myenergi.com/gridpay/
How much do you get from Octopus now? As Gridpay seems to say Could get up to £100 a year.0 -
As I read it, the Gridpay £5-10 is a bonus as your main reward comes from export receipts - Qyburn's £724.80.
That's to say the Gridpay amount is extra to the tarrif-derived benefits from your energy supplier.0 -
Gridpay is an alternative to a "smart" EV charging tariff for people who own a Zappi EV charger. The principle is the same; you let Myenergi control the scheduling of your EV charging and for this you get a financial reward.
Reed0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


