am i ever going to be paid?

Options
righty ho i will try and give this with a little a post as possible
2 daughters 9 and 6 from 2 different relationships
oct 04 was told i had to claim as OH was out of work and we wouldnt get JSA if now, anyway we did so
took them til march 05 to sort it (well i say sort it nothing was sorted)
got a letter saying Mr ********** has been told to pay £*.** weekly and Mr ********** to pay £**.** weekly, no payments, then a yr later march 06 i emailed them basically saying look youve had a year to get my payments and still nothing
i am then informed it will take a little longer as the oldest case is being changed to new rules, last yr probably around the same time (march 07) i get a letter with new amounts to be paid, anyway middle/back end of last year i emailed again to which i got a phone call basically asking me to find a phone number/address for the oldest case's place of work which i couldnt find anywhere.
so here we are jan 08, not a single payment from either bloke and nothing from CSA (havent sent any letters in the past as had no printer, we do now so any that should be sent can and will be sent)
i have been told here and there that the reason they have probably given up on my case is because my OH has been working for the last 18 mths and they really only want to claim benefits back from the payments, is this true?
what can i do, what should i do next? as it seems beyond rediculous in my opinion
cheers
rach xx

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you established whether each ex is working? If so, have you asked why they have not imposed a Deductions Of Earnings order on them?
  • rach!_3
    rach!_3 Posts: 654 Forumite
    Options
    one is self employed (he has an ad in our local paper and so was easy to get his details) and the other is the one who is working and they cant get address/number for the work place?
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rach! wrote: »
    one is self employed (he has an ad in our local paper and so was easy to get his details) and the other is the one who is working and they cant get address/number for the work place?

Indeed! They are fabulous sending out those generated letters and that is about all.

Well... I must admit I laughed after hearing all the usual cl(r)ap- trap excuses they have doled out to you. I found it particularly amusing when the S/E NRP is advertising in the local newspaper and, no doubt, you have informed them of the fact - but I digress.

Please may I direct you to the sticky link at the top of this forum?

Get on to your MP...

Don't suppose your ID is an abbreviation of Rachmaninov (off)? I also have two NRPs..s/e and salaried btw.
  • rach!_3
    Options
    hi thanks for that,
    is there a set letter i should be sending?
    and no my ID is just short for rachel what/who is Rachmaninov
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    I presume that they have approached the Inland Revenue for the PAYE work details of the non-self-employed ex? The Self Employed one they can get his self assessed tax returns direct from the inland revenue and they can do the assessment - which it sounds like they have done. They need to start to take enforcement action against him starting with a liability order - have you asked why they haven't done that yet?
  • rach!_3
    Options
    hi i dont know their procedures so didnt know what to ask next, i remember one of the letters about the employed NRP said that they were going for deduction of earnings? next, that was almost a year ago.
    so should i ask them why they have not done this or thesuggestion you had kelloggs36 or should i go to MP? and if MP is there a set out letter to send?
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Further to Kelloggs excellent advice familiarise yourself with the CSA website. Have you had a peep at the sticky posting at the top. I know there is a lot to take in and it is doubly difficult with you ( like me ) having 2 cases.

Please contact your MP to book an appointment at their next surgery. Most of the info is in my sticky post.

Get a letter of complaint composed and ask the MP to send it in with their letter of complaint too.

Good Luck.
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    YOu should be asking what is happening in respect of the DEO - see what they say. He may have changed jobs and be 'lost' again. Time to chase up the inland revenue if this is the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure