We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax Rewards - Reminder - renewal due?

soulsaver
soulsaver Posts: 7,127
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 25 April 2025 at 10:48AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Search couldn't find any posts on it, I've not seen anyone mention it.. and I can't remember if it it's dependant on your opening date, but ...

I have emails from Halifax reminding me to renew my Reward choices before May 31.
Many ignore the tracker but your renewal date and the process is in there. 

The process is improved over how I remember it last time I did it. 

Comments

  • grumpy_codger
    grumpy_codger Posts: 1,734
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    soulsaver said:
    .. and I can't remember if it it's dependant on your opening date, but ...



    It does. I have two accounts with different renewal dates. 
    And it's important to renew as the reward stops if you don't.
  • tiger70
    tiger70 Posts: 94
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just renewed mine. It's simple to do .
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 5,495
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    soulsaver said:
    Search couldn't find any posts on it, I've not seen anyone mention it.. and I can't remember if it it's dependant on your opening date, but ...

    I have emails from Halifax reminding me to renew my Reward choices before May 31.
    Many ignore the tracker but your renewal date and the process is in there. 

    The process is improved over how I remember it last time I did it. 
    The process is the same as the last few years I've renewed 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • where_are_we
    where_are_we Posts: 1,416
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We get an email and a letter inviting you to choose your next Rewards Extra offer - thank you Halifax. We are happy that the £5 Reward has been running all these years. Long may it continue.
  • Hattie627
    Hattie627 Posts: 789
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've done the online renewal procedure, but the tracker still shows my rewards as expiring on 31 May 2025, when I have supposedly renewed them to expire on 31 May 2026. Is this just a quirk or does it mean that the system hasn't actually renewed the rewards? Is this happening to anyone else? 
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 5,179
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hattie627 said:
    I've done the online renewal procedure, but the tracker still shows my rewards as expiring on 31 May 2025, when I have supposedly renewed them to expire on 31 May 2026. Is this just a quirk or does it mean that the system hasn't actually renewed the rewards? Is this happening to anyone else? 
    Your current reward expires 31 May 2025. Your new reward, which may be different, though in your case it isn't, doesn't start until 1 June 2025, so its expiry date won't be shown until then.


    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.