🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Route Planner for courier work??

Options
Hi All

I have recently started working for a delivery company delivering catalogue goods, at present i am covering rounds as there are no rounds avaliable as yet so am just doing covering work which has been great, with that i have been pin pointing each road on a map and then writing out a route from that onto paper and then inputting each road into my sat nav in the order that i have written them which has been working fine, BUT... i have said i would deliver 450 catalogues for them in an area that i do not know in the slightest, alot of it is out in the sticks where houses have names rather than numbers!

I have been trying to pinpoint alot of the addies on the map today but there are far too many and its taking way too long, there must be an easier way!!!

So i was wondering if there is some kinda programme that i can buy/download/use online whereas i can type in the postcodes and it will put them all in a delivery order for me from my start point?

Please help cos its driving me mad and i need to get them done sharpish!!

Thanks ever so much :D

Comments

• antuk
    antuk Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Microsoft Autoroute will let you optimise stops you just need to enter the start, end and all stops you want. Havent used it personally so can't vouch on if its any good tho.

Ant
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Microsoft Auto Route is good, but I think it can make some assumptions and misdirections (like sat navs can).

There's another one called AND Route Planner, and it might be cheaper than MS. AND's is so good that it can tell me how to drive to Mrs Mothballs' birthplace in Russia, which many websites can't do.
  • geniejj
    geniejj Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Ive used autoroute sucessfully for trips up about 100 for about 12 months.

Input all names and postcodes into excel and then imported into autoroute.

You can then plan an optimum route.

Will take a while to calculate the numbers you require.

Only problem with Autorote 06 is that it doesnt let you print a good route map - i end up print screening it.

Apparently can also import into a sat nav but i usually do each stop once finsihed.
    I have links to financial and bankruptcy advisors

Anything I post on this forum is for discussion purposes only. Feel free to PM me about any posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport