CSA and redundancy

Options
2»

Comments

• harased
    Options
    If your friends ex has taken this measure to avoid making payments then your friend Does have a case, my ex has packed in his job to do exactly that. Tell her to ask for a face to face meeting with the CSA and tell her to SAVE the text he sent her, show the text to the CSA and get it in writing that theyve seen it. she now has the proof he's avoiding the responsibility to provide for his baby. Tell her to make a complaint to the CSA if she doesnt get anywhere then go to the Independant Case Examiners office. hope this helps
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone

She's had to give her job up :( she couldn't afford the childcare and travel costs so is now looking for something closer to home, and she has just been served eviction notice on her house as she's fallen behind on the rent, though her landlord is sympathetic and is trying to work something out with her (he's just covering his back)

She's got an appointment with the CAB next week, she has saved the text and she's since had an email from him saying pretty much the same as the text. She's printed the email out and sent it along with all the other info she has about him (she now knows his address) to the CSA.

I'll tell her to ask about the face to face meeting and about making a complaint, tbh I think they are just fobbing her off now because they can tell she hasn't got much fight left in her :(
  • Cozworth806
    Options
    No real answers.
    If the redundancy was over £65k then she could apply for a variation, but there is no deprivation of income in the new CSA regs, so even if she appeals it is unlikely that she will get anywhere.
    If he tries to claim JSA etc then she could get £5pw.

Its all a bit crap really
    Nothing to see here :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family