this verdigris will overtake your swords and your coins and your battlements, and try as you might, all you hold dear will succumb to it. ❧
consumerism disguises obedience as identity. ⚜︎
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Wonderful @foxandflowers! I'm full of admiration for you. Mr Fox having his LBM is awesome too. Love Humdinger xx
I hope the new job works out for Mr F so he is also providing a regular income, it will help massively with the debt repayments.
Debts
Nationwide Loan - £9108.12/£11,000
Credit Card - £4033.28/£3623.18
Dad Loan £7,000/£7000 - Payments on hold
Savings
Emergency Fund - £1000/£1000
sounds like great progress and things are a lot easier now with the added income. Did you manage to get the loans from your friends cleared?
really nice to see you are LBM full on. It’s not an easy thing to achieve. And it’s great your partner has a weeks work, I think I read that right. Hopefully he will get regular work too in this failing economy. Finding work isn’t as easy as people who are employed might think these days x
Hi gang,
quick mobile update for you as I’ve just finished work so apologies for formatting!
My child maintenance annual review was today and there was lots of incorrect information on there so I have reported it to be updated which was very awkward.
I have paid off one credit card this week and put an extra £60 to another one. The £60 came from Vinted sales which was ace.
I am having a no spend month as I feel it will do me some good to reset some of my spending habits.
I added loads of stuff to my basket yesterday and then emptied it all rather than checking out. Small steps.
We should have enough food in the house until next Wednesday and I get the next lot of money in next Friday so that will be fine as there’s still £200 in the grocery/fuel account.
And yes, loans to my friend have all been paid off when we moved last year.
Love, Fox 🦊
Aww fab news on emptying the basket. Before I buy anything now , I wait a couple of weeks or even a month to decid if I really need it, I.E, what value will it bring to my life if I do buy it. I usually find even after a few days, I didn’t need it in the first place and the novelty wears off and is replaced by the sensible decision of not buying and that makes me really quite happy too!
morning my lovelies,
Busy weekend at Fox Towers; went to a local carnival and ate authentic mexican quesadillas and had some lovely family time on Saturday, then went for a swim in the sea with Mini Fox on Sunday before making a roast and pottering in the garden. I finally figured out how to make crackling and it was gorgeous. I also ate my body weight in roast potatoes. Oops.
Another £30 due to me from Vinted, will be going on the card. My credit score went up this week :]
I just heard something in a YouTube video I thought I would share with you.
I spent my time looking for things to want.
I have never felt more called out! I really need to get back into offline hobbies and put my phone down so I am not sucked into a cycle of pretending shopping is a hobby. No spend month is… mostly going strong. I did spend £4 on 2 T-shirts on Vinted. It was out of earnings not “real” money, but I still shouldn’t have done it.
Love, Fox.🦊
hello gang
mrs fox fell off the wagon over summer holidays but on plus side now have two credit cards paid off.
going to be posting here daily over the coming month to try and keep my no spend on track.
yesterday was a no spend day, and today is payday so lots of moving money around. i need to book the train tickets to manchester for the concert i have planned with my stepdaughter next month, work out a budget for food for the night. and pay for my nail appointment, but that should be about it. our family half term holiday is now fully paid for (all of mr fox’s family plus children and grandchildren renting an airbnb and spending a week together) so that feels good as normally i am scrambling to find funds for things like this but my overtime paid for it.
mr fox due his money soon for helping out his brother and giving £700 to me so that will cover manchester and clear another card. i also have £117 pending from vinted sales so that will go straight into the emergency fund which currently has £345 in it.
my goals for september are to not buy anything outside of essentials or planned for expenses, not take any wage advances, and end the month out of my overdraft and with £500 savings. I have downloaded an app blocker on my phone to keep me off vinted and also downloaded an app called rule to keep me on budget which is designed for adhd spending. obviously not adhd but it feels like it will work for me. i named my squirrel helper spruce lee!
also dont know if i mentioned but i upped my stepchange payment to £200 from £56. and the ombudsman found in my favour and ovo had to pay me £200 compensation which was removed from the amount outstanding. little wins!
love fox 🦊
morning
mr fox has quit smoking!! and is back on the vapes with the intention to stop vaping asap. i am so happy. that will save us about £160 a month.
went to lidl yesterday to get some groceries, and today is the one day a month i can checkout on amazon so i got some diet coke in bulk, a water bottle for mr fox, acne patches and a shoe horn as ours broke. i’ve also bought him some clothes on vinted as some of my pending sales cleared, and he has lost a lot of weight. just my train ticket to manchester left to get and then that’s all my spending done and dusted for the next month.
instead of scrolling social media and vinted last night i finished a book called witch hunt by syd moore- it was very atmospheric and spooky but also really sad thinking about the lives of the poor women executed for witchcraft, just for being women.
love fox 🦊
It's so good to see you back, and to hear how much you have progressed. AND that Mr Fox is getting with the programme!