We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What happens if a bank's new customer mortgage rates are better than its product transfer rates

Options
Let's say you're with Natwest and its time to renew your fixed rate mortgage. The best remortgage deal on the market (for new customers) is from Natwest. Meanwhile its product transfer rate is more expensive. Can you get the new customer rate? And if so, do you have to go through affordability checks or will it be treated as a product transfer?

Comments

• housebuyer143
    housebuyer143 Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No you can't get it, as you are not a new customer. 
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You'd have to apply as a new customer. 

Conveyancing, affordability, the whole lot
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No you can't get it, as you are not a new customer. 
    As above is correct
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback