How Much Have You Spent Today? 18/06/05

Uh oh! its saturday! now don't slip up after a few pints!
Fortunately (or unfortunately?!) I will be at work this eve so no accidental spendage for me.
At the moment I am quids in:
Sold DVD on Ebay £6.20
Book on Amazon for £6.75
Should get paid £50 at least for this evening
Total: £62.95
Spent:
£3 on breakfast this morning - reading newspaper in the shade. watching tourists getting sweaty trawling around St Pauls.
£5 on pot/seeds/and compost - poor rose that I rescued on Valentines day from Tesco (five to midnight - reduced to 20p!) has been living in an ikea lampshade base ever since - now it has a proper house.
4.00 Traval card (but i gotta get to work)
Total spend: £12
so still £50 up!
Woo hoo!
Hope you are all out enjoying the sunshine - its free!!! :D
I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!

Comments

• newfunk
    newfunk Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Been to Boots, had Gillette deodorant reduced to 78p got 2 of those, nivea for men shaving gel £1. trevor sorbie mg face wash £1.80, and hackett body wash for free with a voucher, plus advantage points, so not bad really.....just going for a drink in the sun as its gorgeous here!!!
    In this trusted place U can erase
    Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
    All the time U waste in that paper chase
    Is time better spent in these arms of mine
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Been to work and absolutley knackered, didnt spend a bean at work dueto the fact the canteen supervisor sorts me out with a load of free food yipeeee!! lol (just dont tell the store manager!! lol) :j
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • Went to Tesco this evening to get some basic groceries, some jeans for my 'other half' and to try and find some Johnson's Holiday Sun! :j Yeah! I found some, they had 4 bottles. This stuff has been impossible to find since it's launch a few months ago. Everywhere constantly sold out before I got to it. They were selling it on Ebay at TWICE :eek: the usual cost, so I didn't go down that route and decided to wait until I found some in a regular retailer. It cost me £4.65 a bottle in Tesco's and I bought 2 :D:D:D:D :T

Got my 'other half' 2 pairs of Jeans which were £12.00 each, and bought him a paperback book which cost £6.99 for Father's Day tomorrow.

Also got some buy-one, get-one free's on Pasta Sauce and Fresh Pasta, bought some Mr Kiplings Almond Slice's, a large Tesco Egg Custard, small bunch of Pink Carnations which reportedly last 14 days and are now decorating my dining table - very nice! and 2 pretty sandwich trays with kittens/cats on etc..... a sandwich and a bag of crisps which I am gonna have using my new sandwich tray in a short while whilst watching telly. Shouldn't waste money on a 'bought' sandwich I know :eek: but didn't have time to get the breadmaker on today, just been so busy, busy, busy! and I have had no dinner and I am hungry!

I only went to buy jeans ROFLMAO! :rotfl: :rotfl:

The bill came to over £53 but I had some vouchers in my poscket. £9.50 clubcard vouchers earnt over last quarter and £4 money off clothes voucher if you spent over £20 on clothes which I did.

So bill came to £40 odd....not bad....pleased. :T :T :T

That's dinner sorted for the next few day's, pasta, pasta and more pasta LOL :T :eek: :T
  • janiewai
    janiewai Posts: 42 Forumite
    £2.85 bus fayre and 2.80 for a bottle of wine
    if i had known then what i know now
  • janiewai
    janiewai Posts: 42 Forumite
    Highland Doll, that stuff has more fake tan in than you realise. go sparingly at first ;-)
    if i had known then what i know now
  • £9 in Asda on some washing powder and sandwidges / snacks for lunch, and 5.70 in the chip shop tonight.

Debt at highest - £69k (Yes - £69,000!)

Current debt - 33,173.78.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family