We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
How Much Have You Spent Today? 18/06/05
Eliza252
Posts: 449 Forumite
Uh oh! its saturday! now don't slip up after a few pints!
Fortunately (or unfortunately?!) I will be at work this eve so no accidental spendage for me.
At the moment I am quids in:
Sold DVD on Ebay £6.20
Book on Amazon for £6.75
Should get paid £50 at least for this evening
Total: £62.95
Spent:
£3 on breakfast this morning - reading newspaper in the shade. watching tourists getting sweaty trawling around St Pauls.
£5 on pot/seeds/and compost - poor rose that I rescued on Valentines day from Tesco (five to midnight - reduced to 20p!) has been living in an ikea lampshade base ever since - now it has a proper house.
4.00 Traval card (but i gotta get to work)
Total spend: £12
so still £50 up!
Woo hoo!
Hope you are all out enjoying the sunshine - its free!!!
Fortunately (or unfortunately?!) I will be at work this eve so no accidental spendage for me.
At the moment I am quids in:
Sold DVD on Ebay £6.20
Book on Amazon for £6.75
Should get paid £50 at least for this evening
Total: £62.95
Spent:
£3 on breakfast this morning - reading newspaper in the shade. watching tourists getting sweaty trawling around St Pauls.
£5 on pot/seeds/and compost - poor rose that I rescued on Valentines day from Tesco (five to midnight - reduced to 20p!) has been living in an ikea lampshade base ever since - now it has a proper house.
4.00 Traval card (but i gotta get to work)
Total spend: £12
so still £50 up!
Woo hoo!
Hope you are all out enjoying the sunshine - its free!!!
I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!
Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!
0
Comments
-
Been to Boots, had Gillette deodorant reduced to 78p got 2 of those, nivea for men shaving gel £1. trevor sorbie mg face wash £1.80, and hackett body wash for free with a voucher, plus advantage points, so not bad really.....just going for a drink in the sun as its gorgeous here!!!In this trusted place U can erase
Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
All the time U waste in that paper chase
Is time better spent in these arms of mine0 -
Been to work and absolutley knackered, didnt spend a bean at work dueto the fact the canteen supervisor sorts me out with a load of free food yipeeee!! lol (just dont tell the store manager!! lol) :jSavings Total so far for 2026: £9490.38/£10,0000
-
Went to Tesco this evening to get some basic groceries, some jeans for my 'other half' and to try and find some Johnson's Holiday Sun! :j Yeah! I found some, they had 4 bottles. This stuff has been impossible to find since it's launch a few months ago. Everywhere constantly sold out before I got to it. They were selling it on Ebay at TWICE :eek: the usual cost, so I didn't go down that route and decided to wait until I found some in a regular retailer. It cost me £4.65 a bottle in Tesco's and I bought 2



:T
Got my 'other half' 2 pairs of Jeans which were £12.00 each, and bought him a paperback book which cost £6.99 for Father's Day tomorrow.
Also got some buy-one, get-one free's on Pasta Sauce and Fresh Pasta, bought some Mr Kiplings Almond Slice's, a large Tesco Egg Custard, small bunch of Pink Carnations which reportedly last 14 days and are now decorating my dining table - very nice! and 2 pretty sandwich trays with kittens/cats on etc..... a sandwich and a bag of crisps which I am gonna have using my new sandwich tray in a short while whilst watching telly. Shouldn't waste money on a 'bought' sandwich I know :eek: but didn't have time to get the breadmaker on today, just been so busy, busy, busy! and I have had no dinner and I am hungry!
I only went to buy jeans ROFLMAO! :rotfl: :rotfl:
The bill came to over £53 but I had some vouchers in my poscket. £9.50 clubcard vouchers earnt over last quarter and £4 money off clothes voucher if you spent over £20 on clothes which I did.
So bill came to £40 odd....not bad....pleased. :T :T :T
That's dinner sorted for the next few day's, pasta, pasta and more pasta LOL :T :eek: :T0 -
£2.85 bus fayre and 2.80 for a bottle of wineif i had known then what i know now0
-
Highland Doll, that stuff has more fake tan in than you realise. go sparingly at first ;-)if i had known then what i know now0
-
£9 in Asda on some washing powder and sandwidges / snacks for lunch, and 5.70 in the chip shop tonight.
Debt at highest - £69k (Yes - £69,000!)
Current debt - 33,173.78.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
