You are not alone in 2008!!

Options
Saw in the press today that around 130000 insolvencies are expected in the next 12 months.

Makes mine and mrs TJ`s pale into insignificance really.........best of luck if you are contemplating it or going through it now.

We are all here for you.
:beer:

Comments

• JulesJay
    Options
    I second your sentiments tj.

Sending good wishes and hugs to anyone just to about to embark on this journey.

Don't be afraid to come and say hello - as tj said and looking at those figures, you are not on your own and the guys on here will help you out as much as possible.

Off to the land of nod now, take care everyone and happy new year to you tightjock and mrs tj.

Jules x
    'What is right for one soul may not be right for another.
    It may mean having to stand on your own
    and do something strange in the eyes of others.
    But do not be daunted,
    do whatever it is because you know within it is right for you.'
    'Eileen Caddy'
    BSC: No: 79
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Heard another gem today

Over 7% of those seeking advice in Norfolk have debts in excess of £100000:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jock,

I know that 100% of the people declaring bankruptcy in our village in 2006 had debts of more than £150k, is that the same sort of thing.:rotfl: :rotfl:
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Such a shame that this forum is not as publicised as the 'predicted insolvency cases' - we will only see a small portion of them, here, and so many will go to their fate' totally unaware of the help and advice that is available.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • loopy_lou1
    loopy_lou1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    More than £150,000??? OMG. What a state we're in! I didn't have a third of that and I was so scared. I can't imagine what poor people with that kind of debt feel like. I learnt a lesson very late and I only wish I'd done it sooner but credit is so easy to get nowadays and people don't know the serious repercussions of their actions. I blamed myself but the banks have to take some of the blame because they're the ones offering all of this 0% etc., - look at Northern Rock.
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007
    :j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    loopy_lou1 wrote: »
    More than £150,000??? OMG. What a state we're in! I didn't have a third of that and I was so scared. I can't imagine what poor people with that kind of debt feel like. I learnt a lesson very late and I only wish I'd done it sooner but credit is so easy to get nowadays and people don't know the serious repercussions of their actions. I blamed myself but the banks have to take some of the blame because they're the ones offering all of this 0% etc., - look at Northern Rock.

Funnily enough loopy_lou,

We were managing to keep on top of things; just, and were trying to sell a business that could have made a significant difference to the outcome. The irony was that is was some arrogant sh1te from a property company that petitioned for our bankruptcy, and nobody got a penny from it; such unbridled and luxuriant satisfaction.

We're no longer working 80+ hours a week; we're just taking it easy and having fun at the moment. We've got a few ideas and tried one without success, but we no longer have to worry about meeting the repayments on a mountain of debt.:eek:

The whole thing never did worry me unduly, but I actually wake up with a smile on my face now.:D

Richard
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    The whole thing never did worry me unduly, but I actually wake up with a smile on my face now.:D

Well done on 'sorting' the signature links, Rich. :T :T
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    loopy_lou1 wrote: »

We didn`t quite get to the heights of Rich and Jane`s 150 but pushed them close with over 135:o

.....and , yes, the banks and institutions that dish out the money DO have an obligation to do it responsibly......I have no sympathy with them over the amount they will have their profits trimmed by large numbers of insolvencies this year.:beer:
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I must be near the £100K mark.

:j :j

• ccastley
    ccastley Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all!

I am in the process of considering and IVA or bankruptcy due to loads of problems...

I would love your advice. What would you like to know from me in order to advise.

Crystal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport