We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Best tube station for Wembley exit

Options
Hi all. I'm taking my daughters to a concert at Wembley next month and I'm aware that getting to the main station (Wembley Park?) can take hours as it's crammed with so many people. Can anyone advise on which other nearby stations are easy enough to get to and how far they are please?

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,995 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Where are you travelling from? 
  • Hebrews12
    Hebrews12 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ideally I want to park at Hillingdon but the only direct line to there is from Wembley Park so I guess I'll have to change if I use a different station. Am heading west.
  • josephine82
    josephine82 Posts: 453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A tip for coming out of Wembley- you will just have to wait and be herded along with the crowd- it is usually very well organised. 

But, when you get to the tube station, go northbound one stop and then change over and come back on yourself. This means you get a seat and it’s much quicker than waiting for multiple southbound trains to come by until you can get on! 
    Debt free as of 2 October 2009
    Mortgage free as of 27 March 2024
  • kevin1802
    kevin1802 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have used Wembley Central (bakerloo line) in the past definitely easier to get onto the tube even though it's a bit further than Wembley Park 
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd suggest that going North back to Hillingdon on the Met Line would be slightly less crowded than South into Central London?  Avoid the Jubilee Line trains/platforms when returning!

From Hillingdon it's Metropolitan Line all the way.  Some fast trains might bypass Wembley from Harrow-on-the-Hill so do be aware of that.  You may be able to change at Harrow on the way back if you get on a Watford or Amersham train at Wembley?

It'd be a right pita to swap lines to get to Wembley Central (a walk between Northwick Park and Kenton stations), so probably best avoided.  Check it out on the maps.
    Wembley Central also has the Overground lines into Euston and towards Watford if you can find a suitable place to park?.
  • cw8825
    cw8825 Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    plus 1 for Wembley central
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business