We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Age to stop Court child Arrangement order?

Options
Channy8
Channy8 Posts: 20 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
I have a child arrangement order with my ex husband via the court
My eldest is 16 years now and hes special needs
my other kids are normal and they are 12 and 10 years.

Pls when will the child arrangement order via the court end? As theres no mention of an end date

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Officially the court order ends when your eldest is 18. However courts are reluctant to enforce court orders when the child is 16 or over, unless there are some exceptional circumstances. Their special needs might fall into this category. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Channy8
    Channy8 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    tacpot12 said:
    Officially the court order ends when your eldest is 18. However courts are reluctant to enforce court orders when the child is 16 or over, unless there are some exceptional circumstances. Their special needs might fall into this category. 

Thank you .
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suspect your children will let you know.  A mid teen that is having to do something they don't want to do can be a little vocal & I believe can be allowed their say in court.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure