Beware of Barclays Partner Finance

Options
doriangray23
doriangray23 Posts: 22 Forumite
First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
I bought a bathroom, paid 50% at the time and took the other 50% on credit. This was with BPF.

It was 0% interest for the first year.

I paid it off, with just over a week to go.

I phoned them after the weekend to see if they had received the money - the man confirmed they had.

Logged into my banking app today for something unrelated, to find that they've started taking repayments from me.

Contacted them on Twitter, because apparently that's the only option in an evening, or without phoning during the day, if you don't bank with them, where I asked for the complaints email. I was told they can't give it to me because Twitter isn't secure, and if I want assistance I have to give them my address, contact number, full name and email. Via Twitter. Which they have just said is not secure.

Anyway, bordering on rant territory.

I'll avoid in future. Might suggest you do the same.

Comments

• Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Direct debits are requested in advance. You will get a refund. 
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 11,425 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The DD process is still very slow, it's likely your payment cleared after the DD file had already been produced and sent meaning it was too late to stop/change it. Nothing to do with Barclays and any lender would have been the same. The only improvement would have been if the Barclays person had warned you of it but advised it will be automatically refunded after. 
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I paid it off, with just over a week to go.

Direct debits are set up 10 days in advance of the collection date. They cannot be undone. 

No need to rant. The money will be reimbursed shorty. All perfectly normal in such circumstances. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure