We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Re. Flexible ticket from Newcastle to Alnmouth

Options
I am looking at a possible Advance ticket from London Kings X to Newcastle and then a separate Transpennine  ticket from Newcastle to Alnmouth. Last time I did a similar trip, I didn't need to buy the Transpennine ticket in advance. Is that still the case? 

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no need to buy any ticket in advance, walk up anytime and off peak fares are available. However an Advance ticket is the cheapest.
  • MilesT6060842
    MilesT6060842 Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    However, given how LNER has changed their ticket pricing, you might want to check the pricing of a ticket all the way through to Alnmouth, especially for a return, and also check pricing in LNER website vs. Transpennine website.

On the LNER website, KGX to Newcastle will be calculated using "new" LNER ticket pricing policy, but a through ticket beyond which needs another railway should be calculated the "old" way (i.e. the same way as all other operators)
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    However, given how LNER has changed their ticket pricing, you might want to check the pricing of a ticket all the way through to Alnmouth, especially for a return, and also check pricing in LNER website vs. Transpennine website.

On the LNER website, KGX to Newcastle will be calculated using "new" LNER ticket pricing policy, but a through ticket beyond which needs another railway should be calculated the "old" way (i.e. the same way as all other operators)
    Yes actually I looked at a through ticket yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. It was less than when I previously looked at it (not long ago). That was on the LNER site. I haven't looked at the Transpennine site.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback