Trace pension from dissolved company.

Options
2319WeHaveA2319
2319WeHaveA2319 Posts: 60 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Hello, 

My father has passed away unfortunately, however something I tried to trace before he passed was his pension. 

I was unable to locate this, but I am going to have another go. 

Once workplace pensions came into play, He worked for an employer for around 2-3 years before the company dissolved and he became ill. During that time the company dissolved once during his employment and again at the end. 

He does recall rumours that the company wasn't paying into the pension however he didn't check up on this at the time. He wasn't the best at admin.. he was the typical guy of "Turn up at this time, and get my pay on a Friday" think of nothing else. 

I have tried using the DWP Find Pension Contact Details, and I have typed in the company names that he recalled at the time. But I am unable to locate these companies on the list. I have also located the directors (Or the ex-directors at some point), and tried to search the company names. Again with the correct names I have been unable to locate these. 

One of the most recent pension providers a company linked to a company from the same directors was NEST. 

I have tried to contact NEST but they are telling me I need his member ID and other documentation to be able to even look into it, and unable to tell me any sooner. 

However, I am going to try and submit whatever I can to NEST on the chance that the people in charge will always use the same pension provider. 

We have never had any post from them. 

What are the chances a dodgy company just never created a workplace pension? Is there ways around a company not paying into one? 

Is there any other pension tracing services? 

Thank You

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nest is the workplace pension scheme set up by the government.

All you could do is name, address DOB & NI (if you know it along with company details).

If you know any other employees & can contact them, that may help.

All I will say is they are not the best company to deal with, given daughters experience to transfer hers out.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What was the name of the company and when did he work for them?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback