IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Unauthorised Parking Bay Use - Brighton & Hove

Options
Simon321456
Simon321456 Posts: 5 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Hi all

Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong forum, or if I've raised incorrectly. I did search for my topic but couldn't find anything of note; happy to be directed somewhere if I've missed anything?

I've received a charge for having 'building materials' on the 'highway' 
We do not have a front garden and as opposed to leaving the building materials on the pavement and obstructing what is a busy place (school & nursery nearby) the materials were left on the road, in front of my house 

Letter below 

I haven't received any warnings or notifications, this is the first I've heard of it. Its not addressed to me by name, just to my street address. 

Do I have any options here? 

Please help! Thanks in advance 

[Image removed by Forum Team]

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Is this really a parking issue? Also, you must have left some personal data on that letter as the forum team has removed it. Can you post it again reacting any personal data?
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If its council and not private, try the ftla parking forum and post over there in the correct section, after reading the posting requirements over there 
  • Simon321456
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    Is this really a parking issue? Also, you must have left some personal data on that letter as the forum team has removed it. Can you post it again reacting any personal data?
    I redacted all personal info, is the Forum Team able to tell me what I missed please? 

I think its a parking issue? Insomuch as the notice is from Parking Strategy and Contracts, and pertains specifically to the use of a parking bay?

This is the text from the letter - 

To Whom it may concern, 

The Parking Strategy & Contracts team have been informed parking bays have been taken out without a valid Parking Bay Suspension in place. This is unauthorised bay use. 

Dates: 04/05/2024 - ongoing
    Number of Parking Bays: 1 
    Items on Highway: Building Materials 

The parking restriction must be suspended to allow building materials to be on the highway. 
    As a suspension was not agreed, payment for the bay usage is required. 

The charge for the suspension is £497 based on the rate of £51 per bay per day and the 
    admin fee of £38. We are unable to confirm the end date, the charges therefore reflect 
    usage to the end of this current week — 12/05/2024 

Please pay £497 quoting reference REDACTED within 3 working days of the date of this email using the below QR code REDACTED

If payment is not received by 15/05/2024, an invoice will be raised which will invoke the council's debt recovery procedure if not paid. 

Please ensure Parking Bay Suspensions are arranged in the future to avoid additional fees. To formally apply, please see our website or contact us if you have any questions or  
    contestations at REDACATED

Thank you for your cooperation. 

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Council matter, so try here 

https://www.ftla.uk/index.php
  • Simon321456
    Options