🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Experience reapplying with same lender?

Options
Vp0007
Vp0007 Posts: 15 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper
edited 10 May at 10:10AM in Mortgages & endowments
Hello, 

We went through the whole process of submitting an application with Santander at the end of March. It was decline due to them needing an extra document that I was only able to obtain now. 
Broker said that was apparently all that they needed, and that they were happy with everything else. 

We are due to apply again in the next couple of days. Anyone has been on a situation like this where they've reapplied with that missing document and got accepted? And would they need to conduct the valuation again or would it be valid? My broker is away until the end of the week so I can't ask them these questions now but will do once they're back. 

I'm just worried they change their mind and being a new application with a different underwriter, another issue may arise that the previous one didn't catch on. Am I overthinking? 

Thank you!

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, you are overthinking.

Your Broker should know what they are doing.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • JustMe18
    JustMe18 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have experience re-applying with the same lender within 30 days since we were decined. We then got our offer within 7 days. Ours wasn't about documents, it was about missed payments, defaults and returned direct debit. 
  • Vp0007
    Vp0007 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JustMe18 said:
    We have experience re-applying with the same lender within 30 days since we were decined. We then got our offer within 7 days. Ours wasn't about documents, it was about missed payments, defaults and returned direct debit. 
    Thanks for your reply! Did your lender conduct another valuation of the property or was the original valuation still valid?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure