Leave it alone or report it?

Options
I left my previous role almost 3 months ago for a more senior position as my last firm where I was at I was getting nowhere, no matter what I did (I do have a previous thread on it)

Now yes I admit I am a little bitter and have unresolved issues but with the new role it’s going really well and they are the complete opposite and have invested in me heavily. And I want to put the past behind me but since l left a handful of things are bugging me and people from the old firm have said things to me and in my new role some old faces have said a couple things that have made me think. I’ll try not to go on.

basically when I started the original branch manager who hired me I got on with left because of my dodgy line manager who eventually got sacked. I was put in charge of the sales team and after a month I said I want the role full time and a new contract. At first I was told yes it’s mine after I do some training which I never got, then got told I had to interview for it and then after that (5 months total) I got told not enough experience and when I asked for feedback off the new branch manager and regional manager they would not give me any or any mentorship. Now my background is bathrooms & plumbing which I have over 20 years in and was a manager for 7. The person they hired as sales manager there background was pet food and me and the team where expected to train her which I more or less said I am not doing plus my background is more suited for building materials than the person you are hiring. I admit I probably directed most of my frustration at her and I admit I shouldn’t have and me and her did speak about it and did become friends in the end. I also had a bit of a pop at the regional manager a couple months after she started as he wanted my input on stuff and again not my finest moment but I learned from it and changed. So around August last year it was hinted there was a chance of promotion in May of this year if I passed this team leadership program which I did, and in between that on the sales team 51% of the teams total sales where mine and I made the highest margin every month. A couple positions came about and again got denied internal interviews and got rubbish answers to why.

In between all this the branch manager gave me a hard time on and off and also treated me and the other non white employees differently to the others and also wasn’t nice to most of the women and eventually forced 2 of them out. A customer made a racist comment to my colleague which the manager heard and he just ignored it (line manager did express concern) he was forever dragging me in the office complaining about things I had done or things I had said, I always pointed out what I do is for the good of the company and as you can see I get good results and that I’m not having staff be rude to customers and not caring about the job as it makes us all look bad and me stupid. He never liked it as I was always right and had facts to back it up.

Anyway got offered the new job I’m in now and at first I didn’t want to leave as I wanted to progress where I was and knew I could improve business further but I wanted to know what my future was. I got told no promotion for at least 2 years and no hard feelings if I go. Now my line manager said I really don’t want you to go and selfishly I want you to stay but the new job sounds good and what you’re looking for but is there anything to make you stay. I wanted another management coarse which she put to branch manager and he said no, then the second offer of increase my money and in return I would put into place a sales plan which would get us more money and it was based on some data that I had put together and felt I could prove the figures where sound. But again got denied and she went I don’t know what’s wrong with this company but they are just not listening and I say just go for the new job but if you feel like staying it would be great. 

So anyway my leaving drinks (branch manager not invited) a few people had to much to drink and one manager said to us all that he feels the branch manager is sexist and racist so that kind of confirms what I always felt. Then a couple months later meet up with them again and found out that my line manager recently got a pay rise, they had to hire 2 people on more money to replace me and that sales are really down lol.

But I thought whatever not my problem. But I’ve posted stuff on LinkedIn and these 2 previous managers I don’t like are commenting on my posts? I’m thinking you didn’t like me, showed no interest in my work before and I unfollowed you both so why are trying to make out we are friends???? Now I’m back doing what I have experience in and old acquaintances got in contact with me and welcomed me back and asked why I left this new industry and company, after I told them a few things they said did I report it and I admitted I was too afraid as this manager just seemed to have power and influence. One said that maybe I should to at least help those I left behind. I was thinking of emailing anonymously the CEO in the USA and UK explaining what I saw and experienced and maybe talk to former and current employees about it.

Should I or just leave it?

Comments

• gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Leave it.....
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • LinLui
    LinLui Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you weren't willing to deal with the issues then and there and so aren't willing to put your name to your allegations,  why would you expect them to remotely care about an anonymous email? I wouldn't.  Anonymous is exactly what it says - some unknown person making allegations without any evidence or foundation. 

Frankly, it's too late so I think you should forget it.  But if you won't,  then you need to step up. I doubt they'll listen even then,  but they won't listen if you don't. 
  • bluelad1927
    bluelad1927 Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It all sounds a bit he said/ she sais

Invest all this energy into your new role
  • Alfrescodave
    Alfrescodave Posts: 994 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Life is too short - look forwards not backwards
  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now that you have typed everything hopefully that has helped release a bit of your tension.

Move on, concentrate on the future and don't post on Linkedin.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Elliott.T123
    Elliott.T123 Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leave it, there is no proof of anything other than hearsay, rumours and coincidences. 

If you do "report it" then it will almost certainly come across as being vindictive or sour grapes "I am reporting that I feel like I was treated badly and its because the manager is sexist, I have no proof of this but its true".

I am not saying you are wrong, just saying how it will look to anyone else.

Forget about that job, move on, focus on the new job that you say you are enjoying.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,020 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the best advice to the OP is given by the OP:
    raiden_2 said:
    I want to put the past behind me 

I don't see how there can be a better choice than that.

Focus on making the best future that it is possible to make.

Be mindful that you may meet the individuals from the old company in different incarnations in the future and you may just need them to have your back.
  • Debbie9009
    Debbie9009 Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would leave it, and smile quietly to yourself at the fact they needed to employ two people to cover your work and even then sales are still down.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,709 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any action by you will come across as "disgruntled former employee". Forget it and move on.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback