Claim form received - CCJ incoming Kearne Solicitors

Options
hi wondering if anyone can help 

i have received a claim form from Civil National Business Centre, it all seems legit. 

the particulars are saying its from a CCA from 2012 and defaulted in 2014 the agreement was passed to a DC agency intrum UK, its for £3141 and now has court fee costs and representative costs of £285 on top.

now i have called Kearnes this morning who tell me the last payment i made to intrum was in May 2019 ( i can not check this as i have a new bank account since then) this is the first im hearing of this after all these years, the debt could very well be mine as i was in a lot back then but im in a very good place financially now and have a very good credit rating and im going for my first mortage with my wife and child but im worried now this is going to ruin it with a CCJ. 

i asked the gentleman at 'Kearnes solicitors that i wanted proof that this was indeed mine to which he replied because it was dated back in 2012 that would be very hard and probably not be able to provide. i told him i was going to send the defence section back on the claim form disputing it until i have proof it is mine and then if it is then i can hold my hands up and start to get it paid but then he advised if i go on defence and they prove me wrong then they will add a lot more charges on top and also will recieve the CCJ, although he did offer me to pay the debt off in 5 months without a ccj but that works out nearly £800 a month for something that i not certain is mine. 

anyone have any advice on what do to or been in same predicament? last thing i need a CCJ when im trying to sort a mortgage?

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure