Reconstituted CCA Barclaycard

Options
Hi all,

I've had PRA Group contact me about a debt they've purchased in my name from Barclaycard.

I requested a copy of the CCA and have just received a response from PRA.

They have attached a 'reconstituted copy' of the agreement and some statements dating back to March last year.

The copy of the reconstituted agreement has my name and address on it but there is no account opening date, although I know for a fine fact that the card went much further back than March of last year.

Barclaycard have stated that the copy of the agreement they have sent is under Section 78 of the CCA Act 1974.

They've sent a copy of their terms and the copy of the agreement they've sent has my name and address at the top under the heading of 'Introduction' and thats it. There's no date of opening, signature, or anything else really.

Is the above sufficient for PRA to pursue? They're being very polite and accommodating about it and now asking for monthly payment set up.

Thanks.

Comments

• stu12345_2
    stu12345_2 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 May at 7:22AM
    Options
    signature is not needed and statements only need to back to when PRA bought the debt in 2023 from Barclaycard 

it must have your name and address and creditor's name and address when account was opened, the apr, terms and conditions.

see link below, about halfway down, what should be in the cca agreement.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/ask-cca-agreement-for-debt/comment-page-1/
    pay your debt at your rate.not what the creditor demands.cos they have no power.they aren't the police.
  • Devongardener
    Devongardener Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you dispute the debt referred to?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business