help please

Options
Please I have made it to the interview stage of debt caseworker job, does anybody have an idea of likely questions to expects from interviewers. thanks

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done to getting to the interview stage ?

The panel will want to get to know you more than what the application said.

Interests outside work ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I expect they would to ask about how you deal with people who are being difficult or evasive. If you have relevant experience, they might ask about any notable successes you have had. They might ask about your knowledge on various technical subjects such as the time limits for different sorts of debts or the breathing space scheme. If you are applying as a trainee, they will ask you what appeals about the work, and your track record in studying. They might ask about any techniques you have learned for dealing with difficult creditors.  

They might also give you a scenario to work through; I'd guess the most likely example is one where the client is suitable for DRO, but other scenarios might be presented, depending on your experience.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,386 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    What would you want to know about before recommending a debt solution?
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback