Trip.com railcard offer

Options
The trip.com railcard offer seems good - happy to buy the first ticket through them to get the railcard activated, and subsequent tickets if the app is OK.

However, does the railcard stay in their app or is it possible to get it into the standard Railcard app?

Comments

• Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The trip.com railcard offer seems good - happy to buy the first ticket through them to get the railcard activated, and subsequent tickets if the app is OK.

However, does the railcard stay in their app or is it possible to get it into the standard Railcard app?
    No, it's not compatible with the standard Railcard app. You have to use the Trip.Com version. 
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

As above, the railcard stays in their app once purchased through them. 

However once you'd done the railcard through Trip.com you are free to buy future rail tickets from anywhere. 
  • bones1958
    bones1958 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bagand96 said:

As above, the railcard stays in their app once purchased through them. 

However once you'd done the railcard through Trip.com you are free to buy future rail tickets from anywhere. 
    Is that 100% confirmed? I couldn’t see anything to say that was the case. 
    My Senior Railcard is due to be renewed. The trip.com offer looks like a no brainer. 
    However, their app looks as though it has more (unnecessary?) keystrokes to manoeuvre through to purchase a ticket. I currently use my local rail franchise app, which is simple and straightforward for my use. I’d prefer to continue using their app but use the digital trip.com railcard, which I believe can only be accessed via the trip .com app. I get that the first ticket purchased has to be bought on trip.com app to activate the railcard but after that can any franchise app (as appropriate) be used to buy tickets in conjunction with the trip.com generated digital railcard?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback