taking ex off the mortgage , i have an issue with the solicitor, help needed

Options
hi everyone,

bit of background on my situation , bought a house with my ex 2 years ago , we split and she moved out 9 months later, we agreed on how much i was to give her and everything going fine, 
had my mortgage offer from the bank to put in my soul name around June 2023.

i then got a local solicitor to do the paper work and so on, so in July they said it will take 5 weeks to get it all sorted, had the odd email at first then it went quiet, so i phoned them once a week trying to get an update, had various excuses like she's not in the office at the moment il get her to call you back , still very slow progress , by this time its getting to 3 months by now I'm calling every few days and not getting through , i then called off a friends phone and they answer, after that i had a bit of progress and a letter off the bank saying its being completed.

never had any documents so i called the bank to ask if they had the deeds or any information, 
lady was great on the phone from nationwide and said its in the contract that soul name should be on the deeds\land registry and to check the land registry as nationwide don't keep these documents, so I've just checked and the ex is still on there , I'm really frustrated the solicitor hasn't sorted it.

what would be the best way going about this ?, i will send a email to the solicitors and call them Tuesday, is there anything else i can do or any advice? thankyou.

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There are long delays at the Land registry at the moment - months rather than weeks.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £366
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Change solicitors?
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,817 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ned213 said:
    hi everyone,

bit of background on my situation , bought a house with my ex 2 years ago , we split and she moved out 9 months later, we agreed on how much i was to give her and everything going fine, 
    had my mortgage offer from the bank to put in my soul name around June 2023.

i then got a local solicitor to do the paper work and so on, so in July they said it will take 5 weeks to get it all sorted, had the odd email at first then it went quiet, so i phoned them once a week trying to get an update, had various excuses like she's not in the office at the moment il get her to call you back , still very slow progress , by this time its getting to 3 months by now I'm calling every few days and not getting through , i then called off a friends phone and they answer, after that i had a bit of progress and a letter off the bank saying its being completed.

never had any documents so i called the bank to ask if they had the deeds or any information, 
    lady was great on the phone from nationwide and said its in the contract that soul name should be on the deeds\land registry and to check the land registry as nationwide don't keep these documents, so I've just checked and the ex is still on there , I'm really frustrated the solicitor hasn't sorted it.

what would be the best way going about this ?, i will send a email to the solicitors and call them Tuesday, is there anything else i can do or any advice? thankyou.
    DM me the title number and we can see if it’s been submitted or not. If it has then no issue and a case of waiting until completed. We do have delays but unless there’s more than just a transfer involved that could make the wait longer. 
    But if they’ve not submitted it, and that would be odd if you’ve chased as much as you state, then they’ll have a complaints process you can use 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ned213
    ned213 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kazwookie said:
    Change solicitors?
    I wish i could
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income