Shipping costs from UK mainland to UK NI

Options
madaminx
madaminx Posts: 218 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
Hi folks

I'm in the process of getting flooring trims for the laminate in my newly decorated hallway.  

Unfortunately I am experiencing problems finding a particular length of a particular colour.  Particular in that it appears to only be available for purchase on the UK mainland, which I had no idea about until now.  The colour in question is called "champagne" looks nothing like champagne but that's the name of the colour.  I've successfully sourced the threshold trims which are 1 m long however the problem is a matching colour of a longer piece.  I need a 6 ft piece and it seems to only be available in the mainland.  This week I thought I had successfully found it for purchase to be told by both suppliers that shipping costs would be at least £66 for one piece of aluminium strip.  I should add that it is only sold in 2.7 m strips.  Have tried ebay and Amazon to no avail.  

Just wondering if anyone has any advise or knowledge regarding source such a colour in NI or any way around this - cheaper shipping, not having much luck.  

I am thinking of sending back the thresholds I have  already received and starting all over again, however would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance for any advice shared.

Carol 

Comments

• Ticked
    Ticked Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’d be tempted to start again and source local, Robert Kirk, Flanagan, Campbells Carpets, somewhere like that. I assume the strip is required for a double doorway. Hope you get sorted. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback