Job Rejection

Options
Hi All,

I had a previous thread on this subject but it was removed. I did an interview and made it through to the final round, I just got confirmation that I was unsuccessful.

It's never easy getting this news but I wanted to thank everyone on here who provided help and support during the process.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,898 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hopefully they give you meaningful feedback at least!

At the end of the day job interviews are a skill as much as anything else and there is always a matter of chemistry between you and the hiring manager. As a contractor (so interview very often) I can probably guess 90% of the time the outcome of an interview and its nothing to do with my answers or skills but what questions they asked and how we gelled. 

Learn from it and hopefully next time you'll be a bit better and get a better outcome.
  • LinLui
    LinLui Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm sorry that you didn't get it,  but you did so well after all your worries. I'm a firm believer that the right job comes along at the right time,  and that isn't always what we think we want. Good luck at the next interview.
  • housebuyer143
    housebuyer143 Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck for getting to the next round though. Sometimes it's just a matter of someone else being more suitable. Don't give up - it's all practice.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 May at 8:50PM
    Options
    newbieni said:
    Hi All,

I had a previous thread on this subject but it was removed.
    This thread?  https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6522558/interview-stage#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback