COPE impact on state pension

Options
My State Pension forecast states that I can get £221.20 (full state pension) when I am 67.
It also states that I have an amount of COPE.
I understand that the COPE is paid as part of my other pensions, this is fine.
What I am unclear about is whether the COPE amount will be deducted from the £221.20 paid by the government.
Both my husband and I have this, so really need to understand as part of our pension planning.
I have written to the Pension Service last month, but have now found out their estimated reply date is end Jan 2025...

Comments

• Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Dazed_and_C0nfused Posts: 13,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My State Pension forecast states that I can get £221.20 (full state pension) when I am 67.
    What I am unclear about is whether the COPE amount will be deducted from the £221.20 paid by the government.
    Both my husband and I have this, so really need to understand as part of our pension planning.
    I have written to the Pension Service last month, but have now found out their estimated reply date is end Jan 2025...
    Not sure how you can't know the answer to this if you read the COPE section 🤔
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What exactly is shown on your state pension forecast at

Estimate based on your National Insurance Record up to 5/4/23 (4)? 

• JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Simple enough to Google and answer. No, it doesn't. Problem solved!
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,885 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    It causes endless confusion! No, the COPE isn't deducted from the state pension figure shown.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does it say £221.20 is the maximum you can get, at the top of the page, or what you will get, further down the page?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback