Saving Money at Ocado

Options
Have a delivery coming tomorrow and savings over £16. No other supermarket gives me anywhere near that amount. Am I just lucky, or is Ocado putting more offers on ? 

What's the most that you have saved at Ocado, or any other supermarket ? 

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think the 'savings' can be misleading.  Shops offer big discounts on items that not many people are buying.  Why?  Because they're vastly overprices to begin with.
    I've shopped with Ocado for years, then I switched to Sainsbury's and recently I've switched to Asda.  Whilst the 'savings' each month look small on the receipts, my grocery bills are a lot cheaper now than they used to be with Ocado.

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 May at 1:14PM
    Options
    It’s the way their receipts work against other supermarkets 

So if you purchased a £4 item discounted to £2 at Asda, it just shows as £2 on the receipt with no savings but Ocado shows it as £2 with a £2 saving. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Iceland shows the total savings as 'promotional discount' but often doesn't show individual offers on the receipt, just multibuys. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback