2024 New Home New Goals

Options
Hi everyone, as most people do I have started this thread to keep me accountable.

After a messy divorce a few years ago I am just waiting to complete on a new property I have bought, just me, I have a partner but we live separately.

At 56 its daunting taking a new mortgage but its affordable, more about the details later, and I am hoping to complete on the flat before the end of the month.

My cash is currently in premium Bonds, where I have won £1100 since November 2023 and in an ISA, £47k of this sum is going as a deposit (25%) and the rest I will keep as my emergency fund, I will need to pay cash for a Sofa and a bed, I have seen what I want and should be just under £2k.

The elephant in the room is the HMRC, again more later when i have had a chance to look at the numbers, but an issue with PAYE since Covid has meant underpayments miscalculated by my employer and a large amount owed, I have been throwing money at it as well as a payment agreement but really want to get it gone in the next 12 months.

Hoping to get a new flat update tomorrow, I'm quite excited as its an eco flat with triple glazing, solar power and air recirculation system.....previous experience means this may not be cheaper, but I'm hopeful. 

Baby Step 6/7 - £64000 saved for emergency fund DEBT FREE !!!
Currently Negotiating with HMRC !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure