First time buyer questions-underwriting

Options
Hi, So i am in the process of buying my first home and we are currently waiting on underwriting (halifax) 

what is the usual time scale and order that things are done?

So far we are nearing 2 weeks since full submission the bank had a valuer at the property yesterday and today they have performed a second full credit check on me (i was notified on my experian) 

is this a good sign  that the process is almost completed and likely to be accepted?

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The application won't be passed to an underwriter for review until all the neccessary preliminary information is obtained. Be different teams dealing with different aspects intially. 
  • firsttimebuyer67
    Options
    Any idea how long it usually takes? They requested a couple of extra documents from us the day after our full application was put in but essentially heard nothing since other than that the bank was having their own surveyor value the property. 
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Halifax will have likely done the underwriting. 
    If the valuation was done yesterday you might have had the offer issued today, if not it should be tomorrow. 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    i found them very quick
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback