Trouble getting money back.

Options
Hi all. New here but at my wits end.

My children are over 18 so no ongoing case but there is an arrears with an agreement in place for me to make weekly payments, which I have as a standing order.

I lost my job late last year so it messed this up and was on UC for a month and then found new employment on a lesser salary.

Child maintenance said they'd recalculate and let me know the new amount and this came through the post and I set up the standing or again for the £7.46 they had calculated.

I then received a letter to say I hadn't paid and £200 a month would be deducted from my earnings. I called them and was ensured this was a mistake and the order had been cancelled.

Low and behold in March 24 - £200 was deducted from my earnings. Had countless phone calls saying they are waiting for funds to clear before they can reimburse, its now being processed, it hasn't been processed but I'm doing it now, let me take your bank details and I'll get that over to you today. Yet nothing.

I put in a complaint via the online service as this seems to be the only way to contact them.

Went on yesterday to see if there is any progress and it looks like all of my correspondence in this matter has been deleted off the system.

I continue to make the weekly payments but am very frustrated how they can basically steal money from people and just dismiss it.

Does anyone have another route into this shambles of an operation.

Oh, and I have already contacted my MP and will be sending to all the other local election candidates today.

Thanks in advance. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure