Which boots to buy?

Options
Hey everyone, I'm on a hunt for a new pair of boots. I have been wearing my DM boots for quite some time now and was thinking about switching things up a little. I have been browsing the internet for quite some time now but still couldn't decide which brand to go for this time. If you guys have any suggestion, please let me know. It would be a huge help.

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,131 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure how many people will be able to help you here.  We don't know your style, your money situation to know how much you can spend, your feet!  My OH suggested at one point that I try Meindl boots for when we were out walking but I can't wear them as they are too narrow in the toes for me.  Suit him as he's got long toes.  Boys size Salomens are much better for me.  

I like DMs and used to find them quite comfortable but I have a fairly wide foot.    Lots of people I know that used to wear DMs have changed to wearing UGGs or similar as still being casual comfortable but less aggressive looking if you know what I mean.  Me I've gone all out for comfort and wear Skechers for casual but still have the sportier Salomens when I'm going to be out and stomping for some time.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,626 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm on a hunt for a new pair of boots. I have been wearing my DM boots for quite some time now and was thinking about switching things up a little. I have been browsing the internet for quite some time now but still couldn't decide which brand to go for this time. If you guys have any suggestion, please let me know. It would be a huge help.
    In which way do you want to switch things?
    What's your budget?

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I've been wearing DMs on-and-off for over 50 years.
    I like the DM Church boots (used to be known as monkey boots) but I have a lot of DMs in different styles so can switch my look. I have them in black and in white and am considering a pair of tan suede.
    Do you currently wear the DM 1460?

Skechers are very comfortable but not really comparable in style to DMs, but great if you're looking for more like a trainer style.

I've recently discovered this company which matches DMs in price:
    Embassy London | Handcrafted leather shoes with compliments guaranteed

And this company make very comfortable footwear:
    Buy Women’s Leather Booties | Pikolinos Official Online Store

And I have a pair from here:
    Fly London Boots & Shoes UK (flylondonshop.co.uk)
    They do lots of different colours.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure