Holiday entitlement increased hours

Options
I when i started my job years ago the annual holiday entitlement on my employment contract is 30 days per year including bank holidays - my employment contracts states normal working hours are 9-5pm  I now work 8:30 to 5:30.   My employment contract says during each holiday year the employee is entitled to 30 days holiday leave such entitlement accruing on a pro rata basis with bank holidays to be included.  Am I entitled to more holiday as I now work more hours each day?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You are getting more holidays as your days are longer and you are taking a longer day as a holiday.

So if previously you were working a 35 hour week, 7 hours a day with 1 hour for lunch you were allowed a holiday which was 7 hours long.

Now you are working an 8 hour day with 1 hour for lunch and you are allowed a holiday that is 8 hours long.  

The only increase might be if the change in your contract happened mid year so there needs to be an adjustment to balance out hours holiday accrued versus hours holiday taken.  It may work in your favour or it may not.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,928 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    As your employment contract gives your holiday entitlement in days, then no, you aren't entitled to more days. 

But you are  effectively getting 'more' holiday because when you worked 9-5 you were only getting 7 hours holiday each time you took a day off (assuming you had an hour for lunch), and now you will be getting 8 hours. 
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,870 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I do hope you got paid extra for working that additional hour per day.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just saw a previous post - are you working a different number of hours and a different number of days per week still?  If so your holidays will be worked out in hours rather than days as noted on the previous post.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback