Student Loan Rebate Due?

Options
Hi,
I've recently claimed back some student loan overpayment due to being on mat leave and pay being a bit all over the place. I've had success with some years. However I am a bit confused whether I am due a rebate for tax year 22/23.

I am on plan 1. My taxable income was £27257.28 for that year and I paid £973 to SLC that year. My understanding is I only paid 9% of any income over the threshold for that year which was £20195. Therefore I think I should have paid just £636 and therefore due a rebate of £337. However SLC are saying as I earnt over the threshold they do not owe me anything - is that right?

Comments

• Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Dazed_and_C0nfused Posts: 13,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,053 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Once you breach the threshold you are not entitled to any refund of correctly calculated monthly payments. Monthly payments are based on your earnings for that month vs the monthly threshold.

Taking the year as a whole, if your income is less than the annual threshold, you can ask for a refund. Once that threshold is met you aren't entitled to any refund.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback