SMI ..Council Tax !

Options
There's no forums on this so it appears it's one of the Local Councils hidden items. As I've just found out after 20 years. SMI: severe mental impairment you can claim
Council Tax full rebate.
If you have Severe mental impairment ie: paranoid pyschophrenia, and similar you just have to contact Council tax SMI dept and they will post you or you can download the form from Council website and take to GPS who will complete it. Or you can ring gp direct and ask them to complete SMI form.I rang gp and asked 4 days later gp rang to say my form I'd ready to collect. As I've always paid whole amount I'm not aware if I can have it backdated from 2005 or just your standard 3 - 6 months worth a go ! good luck

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Its not widely known but charities are trying to advertise it, there are plenty of posts from people claiming it and back dating it on the benefits board.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,657 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many councils no longer keep records of CT payments for more than 6 years, so there is a possibility any refund would be limited to the past 6 years.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback