Currys Price Match

Options
Stubod
Stubod Posts: 2,176 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 11 April at 9:13AM in Shop but don't drop
Hope this is the correct forum for this....

Decided to buy a new printer, did the usual comparison, and Amazon was cheapest. 
Had to pop into our local Currys to get something else (not related), and noticed a fairly small poster in a corner stating "Price Match", which basically stated that they would match any price in any shop / internet seller. 
I had a chat with an assistance who (reluctantly??) said this was correct. So I showd them the price of the printer I wanted on Amazon on my mobile, and they reduced the same printer they had in store to match it.
This poster was fairly well hidden on a random shelf, and certainly not in the main store area, so perhaps they are hoping not too many people will see it???

.."It's everybody's fault but mine...."

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But on the flip side, if you have any problems with it, you will now have to deal with Currys CS...
  • Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    But on the flip side, if you have any problems with it, you will now have to deal with Currys CS...

..still be easier than returning it to Amazon...
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The Price Match conditions are plastered all over their website.

I used chat to get a price match for a Huawei watch whilst Huawei themselves had a 4th anniversary sale on and Currys provided a 24 hour valid code within minutes after they checked the link to the Huawei website they requested.

I got the price, free delivery and as I then changed my mind, a free home pickup return by DPD and a refund within 3 days.

Email updates and tracking information from both Currys and DPD were excellent.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback