Problem returning end of lease car

Options
Teacher54
Teacher54 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post
Hi hopefully someone will be able to advise:
have had a Renault Captur on PCH through Renault Finance since July 2020. Decided to return early so paid fees on March 12 to terminate lease. Unfortunately car had at this point developed an intermittent electronic fault traced to its EPB by the dealer. They have tried now on 3 occasions to remedy this including fitting a new battery and EPB switch. Fault has returned. Car Collection company won’t drive away a car with faults showing but will transport it however Renault Finance say cost will be down to me. Any thoughts apart from don’t get another Renault? :)

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What does your lease contract say about liability for repairs once out of the manufacturer's warranty (which I assume is 3 years, not 5)?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Teacher54
    Teacher54 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    It’s a 5 year warranty on this model
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Send it back to Renault once again for a warranty repair and hope that the fault does not recur before you have to hand it back?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Altior
    Altior Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If the fault poses no material risk, you could consider getting a cheap OBD scanner, and resetting the fault code just before the inspection/collection.

I had my TT serviced at Audi the day before it was collected at the end of a PCH contract. Unbeknown to me, the mechanics switched the auto lights to manual while carrying out the service. The next day went to move the car from my car port for the inspection, you can guess it, the battery was flat as a pancake. Under Audi recovery warranty, AA came out and confirmed the battery was now toast, and they did not carry that type of battery as a replacement on that particular van, and that was the only van they had in operating that day in my area. A day of high drama in my life, lol. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback