Apple Grocery v Alexa List

Options
Anybody here using Apple Grocery List, what do you think of it ?

I’ve it been working with the Alexa app for some time now. If I’m about the house and see something I need to stock upon I simply say ‘Alexa add whatever to shopping list,’ and it’s done, I can do the same when I’m out and about.  I generally type it in. Hack: sometimes I’ll take a photo of it!

With nothing better to do today I decided to set up a grocery list on my iPhone. It is interesting that items automatically go to different lists: Fresh Fruit and Veg or Frozen Goods, Diary.  A good idea if you only shop once a week, once a month, whatever

It does seem slow, perhaps I should give it a bit more time to figure it out,.  One drawback  I see it  doesn’t  show duplicates where Alexa tells you that you have that item on your shoping list

Thinking about Shopping Lists any idea where I could get one that would cover the basic for  larder, fridge and freezer
 A big 👍. for your imput

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,908 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just go through my favourites in my online supermarket account and add what’s needed. If I need anything different I add to my basket as and when 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I go through offers,  get husband to pick up a few bits but do weekly shop using favourites.
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,190 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options
    I'm on iOS and my wife is on Android, so we use AnyList as a cross-platform app that syncs to our Alexa shopping list. 

Works well. 

We also use AnyList as a repository for supermarket gift cards (bought through work discount schemes) that either of us can use in-store.
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport