NI voluntary contributions through self assessment not credited to NI on HMRC account

Options
I’ve 46 years of NI and like most contracted out out but after redundancy in Dec 21 I’ve gone self employed and  21/22 was first SA but I was paid until middle of March 22 so virtually no loss of NI contribution missed.

22/23 was my first SA as 100% self employed and made voluntary NI class 2 contributions £163.80 which I paid September 2023.

the NI prediction shows I need to contribute NI at least 2 years for state pension in 2028 and I did plan to contribute each year just to be sure!

ive checked my HMRC account and it still shows as ‘tax paid’ and my NI for 22/23 shows details not available. does it take this long for the transfer from tax to Ni?

Thanks 

Comments

• skycatcher
    skycatcher Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I paid mine in June 23 for the 22/23 year and it's still not showing either!
  • TcpnT
    TcpnT Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Same for me. I guess they are way behind.
  • thylands
    thylands Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I paid 5 years NI top up in September 2023 and still not showing.. i phoned DWP today and they cannot find payment although they have the reference number and amount had left my bank account !,... I searche online and have found that the same has happened to others and they are still waiting for answers months later... I have to wait for a phone call from them but they could not say how long I will have to wait. There seems to be a problem for many people.
  • Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Dazed_and_C0nfused Posts: 13,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    thylands said:
    I paid 5 years NI top up in September 2023 and still not showing.. i phoned DWP today and they cannot find payment although they have the reference number and amount had left my bank account !,... I searche online and have found that the same has happened to others and they are still waiting for answers months later... I have to wait for a phone call from them but they could not say how long I will have to wait. There seems to be a problem for many people.
    Why would DWP be able to find the payment 🤔

You were meant to pay HMRC, that may be where you've gone wrong?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback