Second charge mortgage with fund drawdown?

Options

Has anyone got experience of getting a second charge mortgage with a fund drawdown and a Help To Buy Equity on the house?

I've been speaking with mortgage consultant and he said that the lender that has a drawdown facility won't accept a house that has a HTB.

My current lender for my main mortgage Barclays won't realise payments in installment.

I don't know if he's only able to look at a couple of lenders though.

We're wanting some work done on the house, primarily a conservatory, a wall knocked through for a new outside door and new flooring. We've got one child with significant disabilities (so lots of bulky equipment) and we've got another baby on the way so need more space. We can't move just yet as I'm in a fixed mortgage. 

A second charge mortgage seemed the best option as it would be cheaper per month and when my fixed term comes up in 2026 I can remortgage or sell and encompass both.

Has anyone got experience of having a mortgage advance or second charge mortgage that will allow HTB and release the funds in installments? The reason for the funds to be released in installments is because of benefits due to my daughter having disabilities and they're means tested. Meaning if a large sum on money drops into my account they will stop it and will take months and months getting it back. So we're looking to either get it paid out in installments or even better cheques to the companies doing the works. I know someone that done this before but the broker we spoke to said it wasn't possible. Another option would be it being paid to a family member but again I was told this wasn't possible either. 

Can anyone provide any insight? Any help would be great appreciated.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback