We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Removed

2»

Comments

  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 4,408 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 29 April 2024 at 7:01AM

    I don't apply for every single competition, only the ones I want to keep. I don't do gleam, IG or FB ones either as I can't keep up with them.
    I'm assuming a lot of the comps they enter are on social media to be entering 50 a day!?
     Same here. I enter those prizes I really want or I can give to immediate family only. I ignore most social media unless the link leads to a webpage rather than sharing on FB 
    I can't bring myself to enter SCUM competitions 

    2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32

  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,406 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I don't apply for every single competition, only the ones I want to keep. I don't do gleam, IG or FB ones either as I can't keep up with them.
    I'm assuming a lot of the comps they enter are on social media to be entering 50 a day!?
    There are 1,000s of mag dailies, lifedeathprizes alone has 421 competitions at the moment not counting Chat magazine
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,682 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    mjm3346 said:
    There are 1,000s of mag dailies, lifedeathprizes alone has 421 competitions at the moment not counting Chat magazine
    405 of those are instant wins where you have to put 3 random numbers in, the other 16 are the mag dailies
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,406 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    JamboDP said:
    mjm3346 said:
    There are 1,000s of mag dailies, lifedeathprizes alone has 421 competitions at the moment not counting Chat magazine
    405 of those are instant wins where you have to put 3 random numbers in, the other 16 are the mag dailies
    similar numbers for most of them but they are potentially all competition entries for the 50 per day. (unlikely)
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.