Child maintenance payments query on gross income and self-employment

Options
My son currently has a non-CSA agreement to pay child support directly to his ex-partner.  He has used the calculator to see what he should be paying based on his gross income.   If he were to go through the CSA would any allowance be made for weeks where he needs the self-employed equivalent of annual leave, as obviously he is unpaid for those weeks, and for his business costs etc?    If he were to base his annual leave unpaid days on the statutory number of days etc.   And forecast his business running costs low side of reasonable?  We cannot find any information on this online    (He is new to both self-employment and to child maintenance payments, so these are probably silly questions.  Apologies if so)
AD March 2014
rebuilding my life :grinheart

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My son currently has a non-CSA agreement to pay child support directly to his ex-partner.  He has used the calculator to see what he should be paying based on his gross income.   If he were to go through the CSA would any allowance be made for weeks where he needs the self-employed equivalent of annual leave, as obviously he is unpaid for those weeks, and for his business costs etc?    If he were to base his annual leave unpaid days on the statutory number of days etc.   And forecast his business running costs low side of reasonable?  We cannot find any information on this online    (He is new to both self-employment and to child maintenance payments, so these are probably silly questions.  Apologies if so)
    If you don’t have a case with us, you can call Child Maintenance Options on 0800 988 0988* between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday, and between 9am and 4pm on Saturdays. The person taking your call can help you with general questions about child maintenance.
  • woodformoretrees
    Options
    Thank you, sadly that comes up as 'no service currently running on this number'.   I'll do a search around.
    AD March 2014
    rebuilding my life :grinheart
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you, sadly that comes up as 'no service currently running on this number'.   I'll do a search around.
    https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance-service/contact
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure