Klarna have taken money from the wrong bank

Options
Wolton8er
Wolton8er Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 2 April at 12:06PM in Loans
So I had a large Klarna bill to pay off, so I thought I'd stick it on my credit card as I have loads of bills coming out of my bank account tomorrow.

I changed my card on Klarna to the credit card and did the first payment to make sure it was changed correctly, it all came out okay.

I then made 4 more payments totalling just over £1,500, I then check my credit card and its not there, instead they've taken it all from my other account where my bills are due from tomorrow!

I've contacted Klarna and they have said they can see its their mistake, but they won't help, they've said to contact my bank but they can't do anything for a few days as this is pending.

All my bills are due tomorrow from this card and there's only £200 left, has anyone else had this issue with Klarna or have any advice?

Comments

• Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't use Klarna myself, prefer to keep things simpler with just bank accounts and a credit card for larger purchases.

Personally I think the by now pay in X installments is a bit of a recipe for disasters like this, if you can't afford it upfront, then.... you can't afford it.

The fact you're seeking to transfer Klarna debt to your credit card indicates you need to have a hard look at your finances / spending as at the moment you're just loading yourself with debt.

In terms of what to do about your bills tomorrow - do you have any savings that could cover it? I don't have any other suggestions unfortunately. 
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would have thought changing it that close to the payment date was too late and the process to collect the payment had already began.

Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport