Huawei FusionSolar app disabling solar charging

Options
tallac
tallac Posts: 368 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 26 March at 11:37PM in Green & ethical MoneySaving
I have a Huawei home storager battery and use the FusionSolar app (on Android) to manage and monitor things.

I've also got the engineering access code for logging into all the more advanced settings as well.

Does anyone know how I can prevent my solar array from charging up the battery? I wish any surplus solar to be exported to the grid instead.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• BossBob
    BossBob Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    From the front page, select devices at the bottom of the page. On the next page select Connected devices. On the next page, select battery. On the next page, at the top right are 4 dots. Selecting them brings up Parameter settings and Modify device name. Select Parameter settings. Select Working mode. At the bottom of the next page select Priority of excess PV energy. You want Fed-to-grid preference.
    8 x Jinko Tiger Neo 54c 415W, Huawei 3k L1 HV ph Hybrid inverter and 2 x 5kWh LUNA batteries on 15° roof facing SW on the southern edge of Bristol.
  • tallac
    Options
    BossBob said:
    From the front page, select devices at the bottom of the page. On the next page select Connected devices. On the next page, select battery. On the next page, at the top right are 4 dots. Selecting them brings up Parameter settings and Modify device name. Select Parameter settings. Select Working mode. At the bottom of the next page select Priority of excess PV energy. You want Fed-to-grid preference.
    You kind sir are a legend. Thank you!!
  • tallac
    Options
    On a related note. If I wanted the house to pull from the battery before using the solar generation, where is this setting in the app? 
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    tallac said:
    On a related note. If I wanted the house to pull from the battery before using the solar generation, where is this setting in the app? 
    Is that even possible? Where would the solar go?
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
  • tallac
    Options
    tallac said:
    Is that even possible? Where would the solar go?
    It should be. Basically, I want solar generation to always go to the grid.

Why? Because on my Octopus energy tariff, I pay 7.5p per unit at off peak and I get 15p per unit to export to the grid. Given I have both solar and a home storage battery, I may as well charge my battery to 100% in off peak which will see me through the entire day and then export all solar generation to the grid.

I can easily manage with just 50 to 70% of battery charge per day so should be doable.
  • BossBob
    BossBob Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you sure of your cheap rate electricity import charge? It might get that low on a flexible tariff but flux only just balances  cheap import and standard export by the time inverter losses are allowed for. Might be better saving the energy in the battery to export at peak rate just leaving enough to take the house to cheap import rate during the night.
    8 x Jinko Tiger Neo 54c 415W, Huawei 3k L1 HV ph Hybrid inverter and 2 x 5kWh LUNA batteries on 15° roof facing SW on the southern edge of Bristol.
  • tallac
    Options
    BossBob said:
    Are you sure of your cheap rate electricity import charge? It might get that low on a flexible tariff but flux only just balances  cheap import and standard export by the time inverter losses are allowed for. Might be better saving the energy in the battery to export at peak rate just leaving enough to take the house to cheap import rate during the night.
    I'm with Octopus Energy on their Intelligent tariff. 7.5p off peak import and 15p for any time export. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback