IVA finished but I am getting emails, texts and calls saying I owe money. Please help

Options
Hi,  I am really stressed and don't know what to do.  I have had an IVA for almost 6 years now.  It was to be 5 years but they reduced my payments when the cost of living shot up so put an extra year of payments on me.  My payments are done by recurring payments on my debit card each month and I have never missed a payment.  My payment went through as usual in March.  My rent is going to double in cost each week starting in April as well as the other bills so, as I knew I only had a few months left of the IVA, I called Creditfix and asked them how much I have left to pay.  I decided for my own mental health worries about finances that if I could possibly go without and pay the remaining amount in 1 payment, that it would take a lot of stress and worry off me.  

I did pay the remaining amount a week ago and received an email from the operator who dealt with it telling me that the IVA was all paid up, nothing is left to pay and that he was sending it to closures department.  I felt a massive weight lift off me until Saturday ...

I received a text message and an email on Saturday telling me that I was a month behind in my IVA payments and that I should pay immediately.  I called them on yesterday (Monday) and was told again that I owe nothing and that my case has already been moved to closures.  I was told it was their mistake that I was contacted.

Today I have received another email and a phone call telling me that I am a month behind in my IVA.  The woman I spoke to told me that she had just checked and that I do in fact owe nothing and that the IVA is all finished and closures would be doing what they do at their end.  I said how worried I was about the constant contact telling me I owe money when I do not owe anything.  She said that sometimes their 'dialler' takes a bit of time to catch up and I was not to worry.  

Has anyone got any advice or ideas on what I should do?  Sorry that the post is long!

Comments

• unsureandconfused
    Options
    I just called Creditfix and asked to speak to closures department - apparently I can't speak to them.  I was told that I don't owe anything and that he would send a message asking closures to pick up on my account.  He then asked if I would like him to take my number and email address off. I asked him what was the point of that as if anyone needed to speak to me about closing the account, they then could not.  He then asked me about my disability - they knew for 6 years I have mental health issues.  He started asking me if I take meds and if the meds have side effects - I told him that I was not comfortable answering these questions, that they have known from he start about my disability and I asked why now that the IVA is finished is he asking me questions about my medications.  He didn't have anything to say about that.  He told me that I would receive a certificate in around 6 months as the IVA is finished ... the nightmare continues
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    sorry to hear about your distress but first of all well done for paying off the IVA you should be proud of yourself

secondly try not to worry about what is happening it is almost certainly a matter of the closure department just need time to pick up your record and see that you have paid everything off. 
  • unsureandconfused
    Options
    km1500 said:
    sorry to hear about your distress but first of all well done for paying off the IVA you should be proud of yourself

secondly try not to worry about what is happening it is almost certainly a matter of the closure department just need time to pick up your record and see that you have paid everything off. 
    Thank you so much and yes I am so proud of myself.  I cried I was so happy when that final payment went through.  It's really frightening though when I'm being told that I owe them a month's money and if I don't pay my IVA could fail.  I'm trying not to worry and I'm keeping the emails from them telling me it's all paid.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Don`t worry about it, its just their system catching up, well done getting to completion.

Might be a while before you get your completion certificate though, they tend to move very slowly these companies.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • unsureandconfused
    Options
    Don`t worry about it, its just their system catching up, well done getting to completion.

Might be a while before you get your completion certificate though, they tend to move very slowly these companies.
    I really am proud of myself.  I was told it would be for 5 years.  They decided to put an extra year on me without telling me.  Should have finished in July last year but didn't.  It's all over though.  I just hope they won't try and make it fail because their system isn't working properly.  I am keeping emails telling me it's all paid though 
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Relax, try not to overthink things, its simply a glitch, what you fear is not possible.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • unsureandconfused
    Options
    Relax, try not to overthink things, its simply a glitch, what you fear is not possible.
    Thank you so much.  Reassurance works wonders 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure