Options
2»

Comments

• Sarahspangles
    Sarahspangles Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    martindow said:

If there is a change of trains in the journey, meaning you switch from one operator to another, then check both. Some will discount both legs of the journey rather than just their own. The risk with going on to book the legs separately, rather than through one of the operators, is that you lose protection if the first leg is delayed and you can’t make the second train.
    I'm not sure that this is true if you have allowed the minimum connection time at the intermediate station.  Split tickets can be regarded as a continuous journey and I don't think there is a stipulation that they must be booked with the same operator.  It may well complicate matters if there is a problem on the journey and more than one ticket seller is involved.

I was thinking of the scenario where you book two tickets separately i.e. two transactions, two apps rather than two split tickets in one transaction. This happened recently to my son, he couldn’t reclaim the value of the ticket for the connecting service.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,571 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Makes no difference.  Multiple tickets purchased for a journey have full protection.  I could buy one on line and one in the ticket office on the day.

Operating companies will tell every lie in the book to avoid paying out for delays.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback