Moving from StepChange to Self Managed DMP...)

Options
Hello all :)
I've been on a DMP with StepChange for three years and my debt currently stands at £2,555 and I owe to six creditors - four are with debt collection agencies and two are still with the original creditor. 
SC have been brilliant and a life saver at the start of the plan - the thing is I have been considering going self managed now as the debts are all reduced down quite a bit and I want to throw any extra money at them when I can, I also think it should be quite easy when it comes to the ones with DCAs, as they seem to have ways on the websites to set up your own payment.
A few questions if anyone can help

1) Do I just phone Stepchange and simply tell them I'm closing the plan?

2) For the two that are still currently with creditors, one is Bamboo and one is Capital One - the Bamboo website allows me to pay on there so that should be okay, but Capital One, I'm unsure of how to go about paying myself - I'm blocked out of my app and online account due to being on a DMP I guess, so how do I go about paying this?

3) Do you think they will all allow me a months breathing space to get my own plan and new budget in order?

Thank you very much :)

Comments

• peb
    peb Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You may want to post this on the main debt free board 

I'm not expert but folk there are, they will probably want to be sure you've checked re CCA agreements being in place.  Also if there are agreements in place and the debts are collectable you can consider making offers...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback