Tern Consultancy Mystery Shopping

Options
I've joined Tern about two weeks ago and have been waiting for something to come up in my area but there's nothing available for tens of miles around me.
I also use HGEM Mystery Dining, who at least have a forum so people can exchange experiences and ask questions but I haven't found one for Tern.

Does anyone know how Tern works in general? Do they post a bunch of different jobs at the same time? Does it matter how experienced you are (HGEM gives you a rating once you've started and those who are the highest rating get access to the best jobs first) or is it a first come, first serve situation?
Would appreciate any input experienced Tern users might have :) Thanks!

Comments

• zedonk
    zedonk Posts: 65 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They never had anything in my area either even though I live in a city. I gave up after a few months. 
  • bnabound
    bnabound Posts: 93 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, zedonk! Much appreciated. Thought maybe it was just me. I mean, I widened the search to 200km but even then, the jobs always remain the same, new ones don't seem to get  added.
    So it made me wonder whether there's a tier system whereby more experienced users get a head start on the "good" jobs so us noobs don't see any.
  • dba2023
    dba2023 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I’ve used them a couple of times (I’m in Scotland) really straighforward instructions on what is needed and paid quickly.
  • bnabound
    Options
    dba2023 said:
    I’ve used them a couple of times (I’m in Scotland) really straighforward instructions on what is needed and paid quickly.

Thanks for that, good to know! Do you know how Tern works in general? Do they post a bunch of different jobs at the same time? Does it matter how experienced you are (HGEM gives you a rating once you've started and those who are the highest rating get access to the best jobs first) or is it a first come, first serve situation?
  • outoftheviciouscircle
    Options
    I used to get regular jobs with them a couple of years ago but there’s rarely anything on there these days. It’s the same with most mystery shopping sites. 
    Companies have either stopped using mystery shoppers or moved to app based ones 
    Debt Free Journey Began December 2022

Total Debt Repaid- £16,480.47/£66,133.42

Current Debt-£49,656.59

My Debt Free Wannabe Diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6411146/the-final-bite-of-the-cherry-journey-to-clear-66k#latest

• bnabound
    Options
    I used to get regular jobs with them a couple of years ago but there’s rarely anything on there these days. It’s the same with most mystery shopping sites. 
    Companies have either stopped using mystery shoppers or moved to app based ones 

Yeah, seems that way - thank you! :)

• Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 800 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 30 March at 11:28AM
    Options
    bnabound said:
    I've joined Tern about two weeks ago and have been waiting for something to come up in my area but there's nothing available for tens of miles around me.
    I also use HGEM Mystery Dining, who at least have a forum so people can exchange experiences and ask questions but I haven't found one for Tern.

Does anyone know how Tern works in general? Do they post a bunch of different jobs at the same time? Does it matter how experienced you are (HGEM gives you a rating once you've started and those who are the highest rating get access to the best jobs first) or is it a first come, first serve situation?
    Would appreciate any input experienced Tern users might have :) Thanks!
    I've used Tern (or vice versa) for about 15 months, the majority of jobs I get are eye exams, done about 15-20 of those for £30-60 a time, have one 5 miles from where I live on Thursday.

I've also done jobs at Three, Nationwide, Grape Tree and various jewellery stores.

They are quick payers and whilst they don't have that many jobs available, any little earners are ok by me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback