Bankruptcy notice wrongly added to Title Deeds

Options
My son is buying a new house but the solicitor has found a Bankruptcy notice on his Title Deeds dated 2016 which is nothing to do with him. He called the court where it was issued and explained whats happened and they asked him security questions. Name, ref Number date of court hearing, which was fine,  then address which didn't match, so they said they couldn't give him any more information on the notice. They did tell him the person with the same name as him turned up in court that day and a notice was issued but as it was not him they couldn't say anymore and gave him a complaints Email address for him to get it sorted. We have tried this on 2 occasions and copied my Solicitor in on it, she also has reached out to them but we only get back acknowledgement of our Emails. I drafted him a letter and sent it to Land registry yesterday and hoping they might help. Has anyone else been through this, if so, advice on how to get this removed would very appreciated, as the solicitor says we can't go any further with this on deeds!!
This has been going on for weeks and his buyers are now getting impatient as they want to complete. 

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 March at 10:00AM
    Options
    @Land_Registry, any suggestions or is this a correction which will have to come from the court? 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,782 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elsien said:
    @Land_Registry, any suggestions or is this a correction which will have to come from the court? 
    If he’s not the named bankrupt then the court won’t get/be involved. The enquiry will be responded to with guidance on what’s required. 
    He should have been sent a notice at the time re the application in 2016 so presumably he didn’t receive it or didn’t respond. 
    Wait for our response and act as directed 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jjulia
    Jjulia Posts: 2 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @LandRegistry  This is the problem we are having, As you mentioned in your above comment ( He should of got a notice sent to him at the time of application), he never, so Im assuming this got sent by the court to the correct address of the person with the same name as my son who was made Bankrupt in 2016. It was not a case of not responding. It is not his Bankruptcy. This is what we can,t seem to sort out.
  • missimaxo
    missimaxo Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another route would be to contact the official receiver as they can apply to have the restriction lifted. If you have details of the bankruptcy you could contact the official receiver who dealt with it, if not you could contact the insolvency service enquiry line and they can direct you to who is dealing with the case
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback