recommended hi fi system

Options

Has anyone fairly recently bought what many years ago would have been called a midi hi fi system, which has  a record player, CD player and twin cassette players all as part of the unit, and with two separate standing speakers.

These are very difficult to find now in electrical stores and showrooms, and I recognise that buying via the internet, and looking at customer reviews might be the only option.

If anyone can recommend a brand, maybe even a model number, and where you got it from or how you bought it that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 20 March at 11:49AM
    Options
    What budget are you aiming at? Do you need record, cd, tape and radio? How about streaming?

• sneedshelp
    sneedshelp Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Haven't thought about budget, maybe up to £350 ? but flexible. Yes, record cd tape and radio ( had forgotten about radio ). Streaming, Bluetooth, MP3 no not needed ( to be honest don't even know what they are ! ). Currently have an old AIWA midi hi fi, bought in 2002, which has been tremendous and is still just about going, and looking to kind of replace like for like if possible. Signing off for the moment shortly, am in a library, but will definitely be back.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    To be honest I think you'll struggle to find any system these days that have a tape deck... would you be open to secondhand? It's not going to be nearly new secondhand. 

Currys do still sell systems like https://www.currys.co.uk/tv-and-audio/speakers-and-hi-fi-systems/speakers/hifi-separates_traditional-hifis 

Where Currys max out at the Denon DM41 you also have RicherSounds which basically start at the DM41 https://www.richersounds.com/promotions/value-hi-fi-systems.html 

I had the predecessor for the DM41 in the past and it was a nice little system, it does have an aux in so you could connect up to turntable to it (or a tape deck if you could find one) but it does only have 1 non-digital input whereas my older one had more non-digital and no digital so could support a tape deck and phono etc. A quick check on eBay only shows one of the matching tape decks but its faulty. Also depends how much things matching is to you. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback