Zopa loan final settlement payment help

Options
glenandemm
glenandemm Posts: 241 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi guys I have a loan with Zopa which I got a final settled figure that expired on the 12th March, I paid the full amount off on the 10th March and they didn’t take the payment out of my bank until the 13th, I waited a few days and checked the account and it’s still showing a balance and will now produce a new final settlement figure of about £50 more whereas before it was telling me there was a payment being processed.
i messaged them yesterday as you can’t call at the moment and all I’m being told is the payment is on hold until they take my next scheduled dd payment on the 22nd of the month yet they have my money somewhere and that extra payment would have me paid £200 more and £150 more then what I’d owe on the new settlement figure id seen on the account a few days ago.
i thought a final settlement figure is that and it’s all paid and finished so im very confused now.
what can I do other than wait and allow them to take the next direct debit payment on the 22nd which is annoying as I wanted the account closed sooner!

Comments

• pmartin86
    pmartin86 Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but 10th of March was a Sunday, so your payment was the 11th March, its quite common for "2 working days" to be applied for most payments, so the 13th doesnt seem out out line? Dont settlment figures usualy have 30 days? Why did you leave it so late?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback